Downstream Consulting is a group of multidisciplinary, consulting engineers providing engineering and technical services with a strong focus on safety, sustainability and innovation.
Our Principals and Associates have extensive experience across all engineering disciplines with combined experience of over hundred years.
We bring in combined local and global knowledge for the benefit of Australian industries as per the local conditions and Australian industry regulations. We put clients first.
We provide engineering consultancy and execute project and engineering management for small to medium projects. Downstream Consulting will build an appropriate engineering capability for your technical requirements.
We provide following services in Innovation Projects:
- Value Engineering and Value Improvement Processes
- Reliability Engineering
- De-bottlenecking Studies
- Financial Evaluation
- Whole of Life Analysis
- Sustainable Design
Downstream Consulting Projects
Downstream Consulting's personnel have managed several innovation projects.
- Worked on Port Automation Systems projects with Rio Tinto Innovation and Technology
- Managed the development of new rare earth processing technologies with Arafura Resources, resulting in significant capital and operating cost savings
- Conducted a project with Iluka Resources to look at processing their SR iron oxide fines to produce a marketable product and to recover valuable reagents
- Managed Iluka Resource's Northern Murray Basin PFS which introduced several new mining processes, resulting in considerable operating, capital and mine relocation savings
- Manager BHP Billiton Nickel West's KNS Nickel furnace rebuild DFS and advance execute phases which included several innovative rebuild methods to reduce time and costs
- Carried out several value engineering exercises for BHPDRI on their HBI Project while responsible for expediting and reviewing VAI's design for the HBI Plant
- Responsible for many innovative developments with HIsmelt Corporation to develop their HIsmelt direct iron smelting process, including patents for air tuyeres and off-gas cleaning and pre-reduction system
John Ganser: +61 (0) 417 971 681